The Kootenay Gallery welcomes exhibition proposals from artists and curators for new works not exhibited within the West Kootenay region in the past two years. Completed applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year however, the Selection Committee meets around the middle of May.
Please note: Emailed applications are now accepted with a link to larger sized files (eg via Dropbox) or compressed files.
Email your proposal to: email@example.com or
Mail or deliver your proposal to:
Kootenay Gallery of Art
120 Heritage Way
Castlegar, BC V1N 4M5
If sending a paper application, please print all documentation, with the exception of images. Please send those on CD, USB key or other storage device.
Proposals should include the following information and documentation:
- a one-page artist/curator statement describing the exhibition or body of work proposed (including the curatorial premise, if you are a curator);
- 10 to 15 images a maximum of 1 MB file size each (jpeg format with a resolution of 72 dpi at 1024 x 768 pixels ) of the work intended for exhibition or related/recent work. Images must be labeled with a number / title. For video or film, send direct links or DVD related to your proposal in .avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg format. Do not send video files electronically.
- A list of documentation for all images of works, ie. a list of titles, sizes, media, dates, etc.;
- an up-to-date artist or curator Curriculum Vitae and brief biography; and
- a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish your materials to be returned (if applicable).
The Gallery is divided into two exhibition areas. Gallery Plan
Exhibitions usually last between five and seven weeks and may occupy the whole Gallery or either of the two exhibition areas depending on the size of the proposed exhibition. Please indicate if you are interested in being considered for a solo or group exhibition.
The Kootenay Gallery presents an average of 8 exhibitions annually, but may receive up to 40 applications for these spaces.
Please note, the Gallery pays artists fair fees, in accordance with CARFAC.
If you have any further questions please contact the Gallery staff at 250-365-3337 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org