Community Project /Curatorial Intern – 150 Creative Acts
The Kootenay Gallery of Art in Castlegar is looking for an enthusiastic and organized student to help make 150 Creative Acts a success in our community. The project aims to encourage citizens to try new creative acts in celebration of Canada’s birthday. The job involves but is not limited to helping install art exhibitions, assisting to organize and facilitate community art workshops, promoting the project on traditional and social media, finding participants to take part in the challenge and documenting the project.
Students are required to be:
- A Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Willing to commit to a 30 hour per week work assignment for 16 weeks
- 16 -30 years of age and registered in, and returning to, full time education
- very good presentation & facilitation skills
- strong communication & interpersonal skills
- adept with social media and simple web sites
- ability to organize events
- ability to follow direction and work independently when needed
- positive and creative outlook
- maturity and dependability
- flexible working schedule (will require some weekend/evening work) with time off in lieu of overtime.
The job pays $13 per hour for 30 hours per week. Hours may vary, depending on event schedule. Position begins May 8 and runs until August 27.
Please send a résumé, listing references to:
Deadline for application: April 20 at 5:00 pm
Position contingent on successful grant funding.